AMAZON Fire Stick owners have realised there’s a genius trick that saves them from messing around with several TV remotes.
Switching between your Fire Stick remote and the one for your TV set is a bit of a nuisance.
This is especially the case when adjusting the volume.
But not everyone is aware that they can control the sound of their TV using the Amazon Fire Stick’s remote instead, despite the fact obvious buttons are there on the remote itself.
But it’s less obvious that you can switch your TV on and off with it too.
Such a feature is especially useful if you’ve lost your main TV remote and don’t want to fork out for a new one.
TikToker @nece20102 has revealed the trick to shocked Fire Stick owners.
“I’ve been tryna figure this out for the longest,” one person wrote.
Fire Stick tricks you’ve probably missed
There are loads of hacks to improve your Amazon Fire Stick.
Did you know there are hundreds of free TV shows and movies available from little-known apps on the Fire Stick? Find out how here.
And if your Fire Stick device has become sluggish there are some tricks to instantly speed things up too.
Finally, those who are having connection troubles with their Wi-Fi have realised there’s an ignored extra gadget in the Fire Stick box which could solve the problem.
“Worked a charm took 30 seconds thank you,” a second user commented.
A third person added: “This helped sooooo much.”
However, some users said it didn’t work for them – that’s because some TV manufacturers don’t support the feature.
See the full instructions below.
How to control your TV volume with the Fire Stick remote
Some TVs may not allow you to control the volume with your Fire Stick remote – but the best way to find out is by giving these steps a try.
- Go to Settings
- Select Equipment Control
- Click on Manage Equipment
- Go to TV
- Hit Change TV
- Then select Change TV again
- The Fire Stick will try to work out your TV’s model – if it’s correct tap Yes, if not, tap No and choose your manufacturer from the list
- A prompt will ask you to press the power button on the Fire remote
- If it switches the TV off, wait 10 seconds then press the power button again
- The Fire Stick will ask you if these actions switched the TV off – tap Yes or No.
- Your Fire Stick remote will now be updated and can be used to control your TV’s volume, as well as switch it on and off
Source: The Sun